THREE men have been arrested after a series of break-ins at Poole charity shops.
The incidents took place between around 2.55am this morning (Thursday, September 14).
Police attending reports of an alarm sounding in the High Street discovered ‘a number of shop fronts’ had been damaged, with at least eight charity shops reportedly targeted.
“It was reported that entry had been gained to a number of the stores and enquiries are ongoing to establish what is alleged to have been stolen,” a Dorset Police spokesperson said.
Searches were carried out and a 38-year-old man from Bournemouth, a 45-year-old man of no fixed abode and a 52-year-old man from Poole were all arrested on suspicion of burglary.
Neighbourhood Inspector Nick Lee, of Poole police, said: “Officers responded swiftly in the early hours to this incident and following searches of the area three suspects were detained.
“Investigators will now be carrying out detailed enquiries into these reports and I would urge any witnesses, or anyone with information that might assist our investigation, to please contact us.
“Local officers will be conducting enhanced patrols in the area impacted by these offences and we will be working with Community Safety Accreditation Scheme (CSAS) officers from the local authority to provide a visible presence in the vicinity.”
Anyone with information regarding the incidents should contact Dorset Police via www.dorset.police.uk or by calling 101, quoting incident number 55230145721. They can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.