Firefighters tackle blaze in shopping centre lift

A FIRE in a shopping centre lift prompted a callout last night (February 22).

Crews from Poole were sent to the Dolphin Centre in the town at just before 8pm after reports of smoke coming from a lift.

“When crews arrived, they discovered a fire involving cardboard in the lift,” a Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said.

“They quickly extinguished the fire using water backpacks and removing the cardboard.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *