Firefighters tackle freezer blaze in Corfe Castle

FIREFIGHTERS were called to tackle a blaze in Corfe Castle after a freezer caught fire.

A crew from Swanage was sent to the village at just after 1.40am this morning (March 7).

“The fire was mostly out on arrival but the property was smoked logged and crews damped down the freezer and ventilated,” a Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said.

“The residents were alerted by a smoke alarm and suffered minor smoke inhalation and were taken to Poole hospital as a precautionary measure.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *