Firefighters tackle “stubborn” chimney blaze in Langton Matravers

FIREFIGHTERS spent more than an hour ensuring a chimney fire in Langton Matravers was completely out.

A crew from Swanage, along with an engine from Wareham, were called to the scene at around 12.15pm on Wednesday (January 17).

“This proved quite stubborn but after hard work by crews on scene it was extinguished after approximately 90 minutes,” a Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said.

“Crews then made up and returned to home station for further cleaning of the equipment.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *