In partnership with The Prince’s Trust, we are running a series of job skills workshops to help young people start careers in health and social care.
Anyone aged 18-30 can attend the free three-hour events, which are running around Dorset during March and April.
The sessions will provide a wide range of practical support and advice, including:
– Identifying what type of job would suit individuals
– Highlighting available roles in the local area
– Support with application writing
– Help with interview techniques.
After attending the workshop, each person will receive follow-up mentoring and support for three months to help them achieve their goal of employment.
There are places available at the events, which are all taking place at trust sites across the county:
– March 15, 10am-1pm – Yeatman Hospital, Sherborne, DT9 3JU
– April 4, 1-4pm – Alderney Hospital (for year 13s leaving school)
– April 5, 9am–noon – Maiden Castle House, Dorchester (for Year 13s leaving school.
We have organised these workshops to give local people the opportunity to discover how a health and social care career could be for them, so they can help others and create a better future for themselves.
To find out more or sign up to any of the available days, please email Debbie Gulliver at firstname.lastname@example.org
And for more information about Dorset HealthCare, visit www.dorsethealthcare.nhs.uk
Widening participation co-ordinator at