OWNERS of Mercedes cars are being warned thieves are targeting the vehicles.
Dorset Police have issued a warning after a number of thefts across Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole in recent months.
Between Friday, January 20 and Thursday, March 2, there have been five thefts of vehicles, two attempted thefts and one theft from a vehicle across the area.
The dates and locations for the incidents are:
* West Way in Poole on Friday, January 20
* Newfoundland Drive area in Poole on Thursday, February 2
* Littledown Avenue area in Bournemouth on Tuesday, February 14
* Hillside Drive area in Christchurch on Thursday, February 23
* Windham Road in Bournemouth on Tuesday, February 28
* Hurn Road in Christchurch on Tuesday, February 28
* River Way in Christchurch on Wednesday, March 1
* River Way in Christchurch on Thursday, March 2
It is believed the offenders are targeting keyless vehicles, police said.
Detective Sergeant Karen Penn, of Dorset Police’s Priority Crime Team, said: “An investigation is underway into the series to identify the offenders.
“I am appealing to anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in the relevant areas and dates, or may have captured any footage to help our enquiries, to please get in touch.
“I would like to take this opportunity to remind the public that if you have a keyless vehicle, please leave your key in a screened or signal-blocking box or pouch if possible.
“If that is not available, keep your key, including any spare keys, at home and well away from your vehicle to disrupt communication range and avoid leaving them near your door or window.
“While our enquiries are continuing, I would urge anyone with information about those responsible to please contact Dorset Police.”
Anyone with information should contact Dorset Police via www.dorset.police.uk/contact or by calling 101, quoting incident number 55230035428, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.