FIRE crews fought to control a blaze at a house in Swanage on Friday afternoon.
The incident saw people relaxing on the beach shocked to see smoke billowing from a property in the Ballard area of the town at around 1.10pm.
A crew from Swanage was among emergency services sent to the scene, which rose to five pumps, where a Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said they found a ‘developed’ fire in the roof space.
“The fire was extinguished using six breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a main line and by stripping the tiles off the roof and damping down,” they added.
“Crews were on scene for several hours and a re-inspection took place at 9pm.”
It is understood no one was hurt in the incident.