A YELLOW weather warning has been issued for the south coast area.
The Met Office is predicting high winds for Wednesday, between 4am and 6pm, affecting areas including Swanage, Weymouth and Poole.
A forecaster said: “Unseasonably windy weather will affect coastal southern England on Wednesday, leading to some disruption to travel and outdoor activities.”
The Met Office warning said people should prepare for:
* Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely
* Some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by spray and/or large waves
* Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport are likely
* Probably some bus and train services affected, with some journeys taking longer
* Some short-term loss of power and other services is possible
* Trees and temporary structures such as marquees and tents may be damaged
⚠️ Yellow weather warning issued ⚠️
Strong winds across southern parts of England
Wednesday 0400 – 1800
Latest info 👉 https://t.co/QwDLMfRBfs
— Met Office (@metoffice) August 1, 2023